Promesa Behavioral Health has been a premier employer for the Central Valley for more than 30 years. We are currently seeking new talent to join our team. We offer an energetic, positive and healthy workplace culture that fosters a family-oriented environment.
We want YOU to be a part of our mission and help serve some of the most vulnerable populations in our community. We appreciate you considering being part of OUR TEAM and look forward to seeing you!
Some of the benefits of being part of our team are:
Generous Benefit Plans that include:
Are you awesome?
Promesa Behavioral Health is a private non-profit social services agency serving the community for over 30 years. We provide and operate eight STRTP (Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program) facilities, foster family, adoptions, and substance use treatment services.
We are currently seeking a Registered Mental Health Clinician (AMFT, APCC and/or ASW) for our STRTP youth, typically ages 11-17, who are referred through Juvenile Probation and Social Services.
Typical duties may include:
- Completing clinical assessments
- Establishing treatment plans to restore youth’s functioning
- Participation in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Child & Family Team Meetings (CFT)
- Individual, group, family therapy, Case Management and Rehabilitation
- Completion of proper documentation for Medi- Cal billing
- Other duties as assigned
Min Education/Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree Required (social work, social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, child psychology, and counseling psychology) AND
- Completion of three semester units or 100 days field practice or experience in a public or private social services agency at the master’s degree Level AND
- Nine semester units or coursework related to children and families, or 18 months experience in working with children and families AND
- at least three semester units in working with minority population or six months in-service training in working with minority population within the first year of employment as a condition of employment and at least three semester units in child welfare, or two years’ experience in a public or private child welfare social services setting AND
- Proof of registration through the Board of Behavioral Science
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Retirement Plan with Employer’s Discretionary Annual Contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Positive Corporate Culture
- Paid on site clinical supervision towards BBS hours
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness ( Qualified Employer)
- Excellent paid training opportunities, ongoing professional development, as well as a collaborative team environment
Salary Range- $77,000 annually
If interested, please email a detailed cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resumes to (559) 439-1007.
Do you have experience working with youth in a group home setting or juvenile justice campus setting? Do you have a passion to serve at-risk youth in the community? If you answered yes to both of these questions then Promesa Behavioral Health has just the opportunity for you!
Promesa is recruiting for Residential Counselors in the agency’s Short Term Residential Treatment Program (STRTP). Youth are referred through juvenile probation and social services and have various behavioral and mental health issues, conduct disorders, gang affiliation etc.
Duties and Responsibility Include:
Provide constant supervision, protection and care for the youth in a 24-hour group home setting. Staff will establish behavioral limits by de-escalating youth in crisis. Provide guidance on verbal communication, health and self-care personal habits. Assist client with living skills such as cooking, laundry and house cleaning. Assists youth with academic assignments. Staff will be trained on dispensing medication and recognize youth medical needs, administer first aid and CPR if needed also transporting.
Job seekers with a background in social work, case management, behavioral health and group home direct care are highly encouraged to apply.
Child Care Worker I qualifications listed below:
– Bachelor’s of Arts or Sciences Degree.
– Or A valid child development teaching permit or completed 12 semester units of early childhood education, adolescent development or Foster & Kinship education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
– Or A valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
– Or A valid vocational training certificate, credential, or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor, counselor, or other relevant experience as determined by the dept.
-Or Have been previously employed as a full-time staff or served as a volunteer at a group home, short term residential therapeutic program, or substance abuse treatment program for One year
-Or Have relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor or caregiver or other relevant experience as determined by the dept.
Must have a valid California Drivers license, auto insurance coverage.
Must have a good driving record
Official Educational Transcripts.
Criminal Record Background check including D O J, FBI and Child Abuse Index. A Physical, Drug and TB screening is required (Company will assume cost).
Full and part time
Pay : $21.60- $22.00 per hr
Overnight Shifts Available
After 60 days medical, dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits are offered.
Paid training for required courses such as, CPR & 1st Aid, Water Safety and Pro Act upon hiring.